2017/2018 Network ‘s Quantitative Benchmarking Program
The Network is relaunching the benchmarking program to establish the standards for the KPIs for contact centre, counter and administration for Local Government driven by the feedback from our members over the past few years, questions continually ask “What are the KPIs for Customer Service within Local Government”.
The revised benchmarking program’s objectives are
- establish the KPIs on a National, State and by Council size scale across the customer experience (contact centre/counter in regards to wait times/handle times/resolution/processing/channels etc) and operational (salaries/training/budgets etc)
- In addition to providing an invaluable tool for each of our members in:
- providing data to support award applications
- identifying and prioritising specific areas of opportunity for improvement
- enhancing your understanding of your customers’ needs enabling you to advocate for more resources to provide time and cost effective tools and training of your staff
- ensuring your organisation is an employer of choice by providing above average remuneration and/or work/life packages
- reviewing your staffing levels against sector averages
- illustrating the importance and dynamics of customer service within local government
- submitting operating and capital budget requests which are backed up by a National report
- recognising your strengths and weaknesses against the sector’s performance
The Executive Committee has collaborated with the consultant to establish a revised benchmarking program to cater for those councils that would like to be part of the program but at reduced rate for the mini program or the full benchmarking program.
This current program is based on 2017/2018 data.
The Network subsidies the program on behalf of our members.
This is a high-level only 27 question program for Council’s which may be time poor. Participants receive a report with the medians and means for each metric on a National, State and similarly sized Council. Your individual Council’s metrics are not plotted against the medians and means.
Cost: $250 plus GST
Early bird special: Sign up and issue a purchase order prior to 24 December 2018 and receive a $50 discount. Participate Now
Full Benchmarking Program:
Council has 2 options for this program, Standard & Expanded Reports which cross-tabulates 69 questions. All participants are provided with an individual report (Network Benchmarking Report) detailing their annual performance as compared to the average of all participating local councils. The Network Benchmarking Report also includes a commentary about the relative performance of all councils.
Please select your option outlined below:
Option 1 – Standard Report
This report provides your Council’s results benchmarked against the National means and medians with general commentary and graphs for each measurement (typically 16-17 pages)
Early bird special: Sign up and issue a purchase order prior to 24 December 2018 and receive a $75 discount Participate Now
Option 2 – Expanded Report
This report provides more commentary of your achievements and how you placed under each of the key metrics. It is delivered as a commercially print read document (Typically 12 pages). In also includes a Standard Report.
Cost $1350.00 plus GST
Early bird special: Sign up and issue a purchase order prior to 24 December 2018 and receive a $100 discount Participate Now
- 7 February 2019: Online data entry to be completed by participants. (you may wish to initially use the offline worksheet, prior to entering online). Please note, if you have not completed entering your data by this date, you will be excluded from the program. No refunds or extensions are available.
- 7 April 2019: Mini and Standard Reports distributed to participants
- 28 April 2019: Expanded Reports distributed to participants
The 2018/2019 National Benchmarking Program will commence in July 2019.