2018/2019 Network ‘s Quantitative Benchmarking Program
The Network’s endorsed benchmarking program establishes the standards for the KPIs for contact centre, counter and administration for Local Government driven by the feedback from our members over the past few years, questions continually ask “What are the KPIs for Customer Service within Local Government”.
The revised benchmarking program’s objectives are
- establish the KPIs on a National, Metropolitan/Regional and by Council size scale across the customer experience (contact centre/counter in regards to wait times/handle times/resolution/processing/channels etc) and operational (salaries/training/budgets etc)
- In addition to providing an invaluable tool for each of our members in:
- providing data to support award applications
- identifying and prioritising specific areas of opportunity for improvement
- enhancing your understanding of your customers’ needs enabling you to advocate for more resources to provide time and cost effective tools and training of your staff
- ensuring your organisation is an employer of choice by providing above average remuneration and/or work/life packages
- reviewing your staffing levels against sector averages
- illustrating the importance and dynamics of customer service within local government
- submitting operating and capital budget requests which are backed up by a National report
- recognising your strengths and weaknesses against the sector’s performance
The Executive Committee has collaborated with the consultant to establish a revised benchmarking program to cater for those councils that would like to be part of the program but at reduced rate for the mini program or the full benchmarking program.
This current program is based on 2018/2019 data.
The Network subsidies the program on behalf of our members.
This is a high-level only 27 question program for Council’s which may be time poor. Participants receive a report with the medians and means for each metric on a National, State and similarly sized Council. Your individual Council’s metrics are not plotted against the medians and means.
Cost: $380 plus GST
All participants are provided with an individual report (Network Benchmarking Report) detailing their annual performance as compared to the average of all participating local councils. The Network Benchmarking Report also includes a commentary about the relative performance of all councils.
- 22 October 2019: Register Your Interest Deadline
- September 2019: Once a minimum of 30 Councils have registered in the program, the online data collection form will be emailed to all participants
- 30 November 2019: Online data entry to be completed by participants. (you may wish to initially use the offline worksheet, prior to entering online). Please note, if you have not completed entering your data by this date, you will be excluded from the program. No refunds or extensions are available.
- January 2020: Mini and Full Program Reports distributed to participants